Strengths Certification Workshop
Strengths Approaches to Higher Education Leadership and Student Success
Presenters: Michelle Louis, Ph.D., and David Zovak, D.Min.
This certification in strengths-oriented higher education is geared towards non-degree-seeking higher education professionals (e.g., directors, department chairs, deans, vice presidents, etc.) who desire a deeper understanding of the effect that a strengths philosophy has on developing leaders, building effective teams, and promoting student success.Register for a Workshop
- Understanding how to lead and supervise faculty, staff, and students using a strengths approach.
- Building and mobilizing strengths-oriented teams to meet critical outcomes
- Identifying strategic ways to reshape departmental or institutional culture and initiate/manage change with a strengths perspective
- Applying a strengths-development approach to produce thriving students and campuses
- Designing and employing strengths-oriented programming and initiatives that promote student success and thriving outcomes
Workshop Rates and Details
The full length of training is two and a half days, kicking off with a half-day workshop addressing Strengths Foundations (e.g., strengths research findings, detailed descriptions of Gallup’s 34 talent themes, theme interaction dynamics). Those who have extensive experience with the strengths framework or have a very strong familiarity with Strengths, may choose not to attend the half-day component.
The workshop rates listed below include breakfast and lunch for the full days of training along with workbooks, digital resources, and a certificate of completion.
Standard Rate: $700
APU Faculty/Staff/Alumni Rate: $550
Group (3+) Rate: $500/person
Rates are $50 lower for participants who do not attend the first half-day of the workshop.
Most workshops are limited to 25 participants.