Strengths Certification (Non-degree)
Strengths Approaches to Higher Education Leadership and Student Success
Standard Rate: $650
Limited to 25 Participants
Group rate available for institutions that register 3+ persons.
APU Faculty/Staff/Alumni Rate: $500
This certification in strengths-oriented higher education is geared towards non-degree-seeking higher education professionals (e.g., directors, department chairs, deans, vice presidents, etc.) who desire a deeper understanding of the effect that a strengths philosophy has on developing leaders, building effective teams, and promoting student success.
Success in the knowledge economy comes to those who know themselves—their strengths, their values, and how they best perform.Peter Drucker
Topics will include the following:
- Understanding how to lead and supervise faculty, staff, and students using a strengths approach.
- Building and mobilizing strengths-oriented teams to meet critical outcomes
- Identifying strategic ways to reshape departmental or institutional culture and initiate/manage change with a strengths perspective
- Applying a strengths-development approach to produce thriving students and campuses
- Designing and employing strengths-oriented programming and initiatives that promote student success and thriving outcomes
Thriving implies more than just surviving in the college environment; it conveys that a student is fully engaged intellectually, socially, and emotionally, and is experiencing a sense of psychological well-being that contributes not only to his or her persistence to graduation, but also to success in life.Schreiner, Pothoven, Nelson, & McIntosh, 2009