Call for Proposals
Thriving in the First Year of College
The conference includes one-hour concurrent sessions focused on research and best practices in strengths development and student thriving. We welcome proposals that highlight the following:
- Leadership approaches that are effective in cultivating collaborative partnerships between campus entities and departments involved in designing and planning FYE initiatives and programming.
Teaching and Learning
- Pedagogical research and practices (e.g. teaching delivery, curriculum design, evaluation) that promote engaged learning, strengths development, and academic thriving in first-year students.
- Programmatic and co-curricular efforts aimed at promoting strengths development, student growth, and sense of community on campus.
All proposals will be evaluated for their clarity, significance and relevance of the topic to university educators, evidence of effectiveness, and innovation.
Presenters must consider the following guidelines:
- Presenters are given a one-hour session for their presentation, which is expected to be highly interactive.
- Presenters are expected to present for 40 minutes, dedicate 15 minutes to question-and-answer time, and designate the last 5 minutes for session evaluations.
- Presenters are strongly encouraged to share handouts and other related resources with session participants.
- Presenter registration fee is $240.
Submission Process and Guidelines
- The deadline to submit proposal abstracts is November 15, 2015.
- Use the form below to submit your proposal for review.
- Proposals will be peer-reviewed and notification of acceptance will be extended to selected presenters by November 30, 2015.
The Noel Academy will send an e-mail to confirm receipt of submitted proposals.