Call for Proposals
Thriving Conference 2016
“Thriving in Transitions: Developing Strengths for Resilience”
The conference includes one-hour concurrent sessions focused on research and best practices in strengths development and student thriving. We welcome proposals that highlight the following:
- Leadership approaches that are effective in developing a campus culture committed to strengths development to achieve student thriving.
Teaching and Learning
- Pedagogical research and practices that promote engaged learning, strengths development, resilience, and academic thriving.
- Programmatic and other cocurricular efforts committed to strengths development, building resilience, and enabling all students to thrive.
All proposals will be evaluated for their clarity, significance and relevance of the topic to university educators and to the conference theme, evidence of effectiveness, and innovation.
Presenters must consider the following guidelines:
- Presenters are given a one-hour session for their presentation.
- Presenters are expected to present for 40 minutes, dedicate 15 minutes to question-and-answer time, and designate the last 5 minutes for session evaluations.
- Presenters are expected to share handouts and other related resources with session participants.
- Presenter registration fee is $260
Submission Process and Guidelines
- The deadline to submit proposal abstracts is September 12, 2016.
- Use the form below to submit your proposal for review. The Noel Academy will send an email to confirm receipt of submitted proposals.
- Proposals will be peer-reviewed, and notification of acceptance will be extended to selected presenters by September 15, 2016.