Alumni Achievement Awards
The Alumni Achievement Awards recognize those people who model Christ, Scholarship, Community, and Service in their ministry, and who exemplify the spirit and character expressed in the Graduate School of Theology Mission Statement:
The Azusa Pacific Graduate School of Theology, in keeping with its commitment to the centrality of Jesus Christ and the authority of Scripture, seeks to prepare men and women for effective, practical ministry in the Church throughout the world by promoting the spiritual, personal, and vocational development of students and by extending theological knowledge through academic inquiry, research, writing, and publication.
Outstanding Alumni Community Award: For a graduate who is making a great impact on his/her community or ministry, including prominent positions held, presentations, leadership in business associations, articles and/or books written, and other honors received.
Outstanding Alumni Scholarship Award: For a graduate who has influenced the Church through academic inquiry, research, writing, and/or publication.
Outstanding Service Award: For a graduate who has invested his/her time to support the Graduate School of Theology as alumni chapter officer or alumni advisory board member to students or other alumni, or in recruiting, fundraising, event planning, or other acts of service.
Outstanding Alumnus Award: For a graduate who has demonstrated the highest achievement and innovation in preparing people for effective, practical ministry in the Church throughout the world. This award is the highest honor the Graduate School of Theology can confer on an alumnus.
- Nominee must hold a degree from the Graduate School of Theology.
- Nominee exhibits exemplary character that embodies APU’s Four Cornerstones of Christ, Scholarship, Community, and Service.
- Nominee’s professional career/ministry is marked with high achievement
- Nominations must be received by Friday, March 7, 2014.
- Selection committee, composed of faculty and administration, will process all nominations.
- Nominations will be presented to the graduate faculty for approval.
- Final approval of award recipients will come from the dean of the School of Theology.
To nominate a candidate, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org, call Carmeli Silva at (626) 387-5750, or fill out the form below (* is required):