- For security purposes, Azusa Pacific does not fax transcripts. The university issues official transcripts by mail, pick-up, or electronic PDF.
- Processing time is the length of time it takes Azusa Pacific to prepare your transcript. This does not include mailing time.
- APU cannot guarantee your transcript’s arrival or the time it will take to reach its destination once it has left campus.
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that his or her grades/degrees are posted and accurate when requesting transcripts. Transcripts of Azusa Pacific University coursework are available approximately six weeks after the completion of courses.
- APU does not hold transcript requests while awaiting grades to post. If you are an Azusa Pacific University (APU) student, check your posted grades through the Student Center at home.apu.edu. If you are a student at Los Angeles Pacific University (LAPU, formerly University College), check your posted grades through the Student Services portal.
- Transcripts issued to the student will be stamped with “Issued to Student.”
- All coursework will appear on a student’s APU transcript, including transfer credit. It is not possible to create a transcript that omits a specific semester or term. Please note: Los Angeles Pacific University (LAPU, formerly University College) courses are not included on Azusa Pacific University transcripts unless the courses are transferred to APU and vice versa.
- Every transcript is checked for accuracy. It is the student’s responsibility to direct concerns and discrepancies to the Registrar within 90 days of the transcript request.