Graduated from APU: 2017
Degree(s): B.S. in Finance
Hometown: Peoria, AZ
Q & A with Tori
- How has APU transformed you?
- When I came to APU I had a very distinct plan of what my life was going to look like. It didn’t take long for that plan to be utterly demolished, and it was heartbreaking to see that plan disappear. My time at APU taught me that my plans will never be as wonderful as what God has in store for me. I came to APU as a woman who hid behind her safe plans, afraid of change, and left APU transformed into a confident woman who didn’t look to the future in fear. Instead, I learned how to look to the future and be so excited in what God has in store for me because I know it’s going to be so much better than anything I could ever imagine.
- Which activities at APU have you most enjoyed being a part of?
- I was pretty timid when it came to finding my niche at APU and getting involved, but in my sophomore year I decided that I could be pretty decent at walking backward—I applied to be a tour guide and was able to get to tell families about my story at APU! I found a family in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions early on, and more importantly I found confidence in myself that I never knew existed! I also had the amazing opportunity to travel to more than 10 countries through action teams and studying away!
- What advice would you give to prospective students?
- Visit campus! I am an Arizona native, and when I visited APU’s campus, I felt at home (and there are hardly any cacti on campus). I don’t know what it was, but there was just something that made me feel so comfortable. So get on the campuses that you are interested in and see how you feel. If it’s a place where you are able to feel comfortable, then trust that feeling.
- How do you spend your free time?
- In my free time you can find me on my couch, wearing some comfy pants, eating brownies while watching a Disney movie. If for some reason I’m not on my couch, you might be able to find me at a coffee shop with a friend, cooking, baking, or hiking.