Each year more than 600 students transfer to Azusa Pacific, looking to complete their educational goals at an institution dedicated to preparing disciples and scholars to impact the world for Christ. We know the transfer process can seem daunting, which is why our admissions team is ready to help you navigate the process.
APU does not require a specific set of college courses or a minimum amount of units completed prior to applying; however, it is in the best interest for potential transfers to follow the General Education Guidelines of suggested courses while enrolled at another institution.
Academic capabilities, as well as involvement in church, school, and community activities, are considered in assessing the applicant's potential for success at the university. The application process is designed as a tool for making these assessments.
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
For students transferring to Azusa Pacific from partnering community colleges, the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) option offers a guaranteed pathway for admission into an APU major that is similar to the student’s ADT degree. Learn more about our ADT college partners and transfer plans.
The following requirements are for students who have graduated from high school and earned more than 28 units of college credit. Transfers with less than 28 units earned at the time of applying will need to submit additional information. See freshman requirements.
- Application, Statement of Agreement with Institutional Policy, and Personal Statement (Apply Online | Undergraduate Application (PDF)
- Application Fee
A nonrefundable $45 application fee must be submitted.
TranscriptsOffice of Undergraduate Admissions
The applicant is responsible for requesting that official transcripts be sent from each college. Please download, print, and complete a Transcript Request Form (PDF) and mail it along with your official transcripts to:
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
At the time of application, each applicant must supply contact information for a character recommendation. If recommendation information is not provided or unavailable when filling out the application, the applicant can supply it at a later time.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Residency
U.S. permanent residents or U.S. citizens currently living outside of the United States may be required to provide documentation. Your admissions counselor will assist you in this process.
- Nursing Applicants
Additional materials are required for nursing applicants. Refer to the BSN Admission page for further information.
If you have completed at least 12 academic units of college work in one semester, you do not need to submit test scores when applying for admission. However, the minimum SAT I and ACT scores are 990 and 19, respectively.
The minimum college GPA required for transferring is 2.2. Transfer students should also have no Ds or Fs in the previous two semesters.
- Official transcripts are sealed by the high school or college and mailed directly or hand-carried to Azusa Pacific University. ↵
- The recommender must be a person who has observed the applicant’s character and/or spiritual development over a reasonable period of time. When possible, APU prefers recommendations from pastors or youth pastors/leaders. Alternatively, a recommendation from a coach, employer, or adult family friend is also acceptable. A recommendation from a relative, friend, peer, or someone who knows the applicant from a purely academic setting will not be accepted. ↵
- Please note that the 2.2 GPA is for general admission into the university. Some majors may have higher GPA requirements. ↵