Applied Studies Degree
The Bachelor of Arts in Applied Studies is designed specifically for the adult learner who has significant college credit and is seeking to complete a degree for career advancement through an individualized learning experience. As a flexible and accelerated pathway, this interdisciplinary degree gives learners the opportunity to achieve their education goals through a relevant, job-specific program.
The program is suited for those learners transferring in 90 units of previously earned college credit from a regionally accredited college/university, allowing them to earn their degree in as little as one year.
The program allows students to choose coursework to best suit their personal or career goals in order to create a meaningful, applicable program. After admission, adult learners work directly with an academic advisor and choose courses from the areas of leadership, management, psychology, health sciences, criminal justice, and liberal studies to complete their degree based on their individual interests and needs.
Contact a University College program representative to learn how this program will fit your education goals.
- Maximize educational and professional experience toward completing a degree
- Engage in a comprehensive approach for skill and competency enhancement
- Integrate God’s Word within various industries and society
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication
- Identify and evaluate key personal and organizational ethics affecting various industries
- Examine cultural and diversity issues within interpersonal relations
*Anyone who desires the B.A. in Applied Studies but has less than 90 transferable units should contact their academic advisor or program representative to learn more. Students with more than 90 transferable units must still fulfill UC’s residency requirement of 30 units. APU students with more than 90 transferable units may have already met residency requirements.