Customize Your Education Experience with a BIS Degree
The Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (BIS) is a flexible, interdisciplinary program designed for learners who want a degree tailored to their career goals. Working with an academic advisor, you can select specific courses from emphases and general electives that help you develop knowledge and skills to prepare for your chosen career. A final capstone project integrates your individual courses around a common theme, allowing you to synthesize knowledge across your areas of study. The BIS degree program also provides a foundation for those who desire to pursue graduate studies in a program that does not require a discipline-specific undergraduate degree.
Choose Your Emphases
Select any two 15-unit emphasis areas for a custom program experience.
- Create your degree by tailoring coursework around personal career goals using emphases and electives
- Integrate professional competencies in two emphases
- Connect biblical principles and Christian ethics to topics and domains within your career field
- Analyze relevant issues, practices, and trends using appropriate research concepts and processes
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills