Student Success and Support Services
Success in the University
University College is deeply committed to student success. One of the key distinctives of the University College experience is individualized support through partnership with a success coach. Offering a highly personal and responsive support system to every UC learner, success coaches support and participate in intentional engagement activities from orientation through graduation.
Success coaches ...
- Guide students through new learner orientation
- Are trained specifically for the academic program in which the student is enrolled and monitors successful completion of the learner’s program requirements
- Assist with course selection and registration
- Help learner understand the basics of financial aid
- Introduce online students to UC’s learning management system, Moodle
- Equip students with learning techniques and tips for success in the classroom
- Provide academic advising and planning to ensure clear path at UC
- Offer prayer, encouragement, and spiritual guidance
- Guide students to a successful transition to life after graduation through success strategies and career development support
One of the most significant highlights of my University College experience is the level of support. Life can be a challenge for those that have dual or triple duties with work, family, and school. I was able to always count on the support network at University College to get through the times when juggling those responsibilities combined with school was tough.Helen Soohoo ’14B.A. in Management
My success coach has answered my many questions about my degree program, helped me plan my course enrollment, and has encouraged me week in and week out, every step of the way. She is 100 percent committed to my success.Ron Manley ‘15B.A. in Management
Having a success coach has made all the difference for me. She has been able to help me plan out my path, answer hard financial questions, and helped me with transferring in my previous coursework. But beyond the administrative support she gives, there is also the personal element. She encourages me in my assignments and encourages me when I do well. We talk about work and life, and she prays for me each time we meet. If there is one thing that sets University College apart from the rest, it is the success coach.Jeffrey Khalil ‘17B.A. in Management
My success coach helped me reach my goal of participating in commencement. It didn’t matter how many times I emailed or called her, she always answered my questions. Through my journey, she ensured I was on the right path to graduation. Her attentiveness made me feel very appreciated. Here was a person who really listened to my needs and took priority in ensuring that they were met.Claudia Perez-Pineda ’14B.A. in Applied Psychology
University College students have access to a wealth of resources to support their educational and personal journey. From extensive library services to 24/7 online tutoring to career advice, University College’s resources are designed to set students up for success.