How to Apply
- Complete your APU Undergraduate Application
- Select Cinematic Arts: Animation and Visual Effects, BA as your major
- When prompted, complete your Animation and Visual Effects Application via Get Acceptd
Fall 2023 Applicants
February 15, 2023, is the priority deadline for the Fall 2023 B.A. in Animation and Visual Effects Application. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application and their Get Acceptd application by the deadline to ensure consideration.
This program will not admit students for the spring semester.
Program Admission Requirements
- APU Undergraduate Application
- Animation and Visual Effects Application via Get Acceptd, including a portfolio of 12-15 samples of original artwork. Work may include, but is not limited to, the following traditional and digital artwork:
- 3-5 life drawings/figure poses (quick poses or longer studies)
- Sequential art sample
- Animal drawings
- Gesture poses or drawings of figures or animals
- Original character designs (could include expressions, poses, or attitudes of original characters)
- Composition studies that demonstrate knowledge of principles (film background designs, still life, environment, or architectural drawings)
- Animation examples (short reel of traditional or CG animation tests). Work created in digital programs, such as Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Samples of portrait painting or illustrations, color work, perspective drawings, prop designs, costume studies, caricatures of people, and landscape studies may be included
Plan a Visit
Applicants are encouraged to visit a class or meet with one of our professors. Just fill out a COTA Visitation Form to visit us virtually! We look forward to meeting you.
For questions about the application process, contact the Department of Cinematic Arts at email@example.com.
General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Select an option below: