How to Apply
- Complete your APU Undergraduate Application
- Select Cinematic Arts Production, BFA as your major
- When prompted, complete your scholarship application via SlideRoom
- For fall applicants: Fall 2021 BFA in Production Scholarship Application
- For apring applicants: Spring 2022 BFA in Production Scholarship Application
BFA in Production Scholarship Requirements
- APU Undergraduate Application
- BFA in Production Scholarship Application via SlideRoom including:
- Calling Essay (750 words or less) Why and how are you called to be a storyteller? How do your background and experiences influence the kind of stories you want to tell? How does this calling influence who you are and your goals?
- Creative Sample (choose one):
- Video Option: Tell us a story in a video where you have a major creative role (but not acting). The video can be any genre, but it should exhibit your creative and aesthetic style while telling a story that has a clear beginning, middle, and end. Five minutes or less.
- Written Story Sample: Write an outline for a five-minute film that contains no dialogue.
- Film Analysis: Write an analysis of a recently released film that resonated with you deeply. No more than two pages, double-spaced, 12-point font.
- Creative/Leadership Résumé: One-page summary of 3-7 creative and/or collaborative projects where you played a significant role.
Fall 2021 Applicants
February 15, 2021, is the deadline for the Fall 2021 BFA in Production Scholarship Application. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application and their SlideRoom application by the deadline to ensure consideration.
Plan a Visit
Applicants are encouraged to visit a class or meet with one of our professors. Just fill out a COTA Visitation Form to visit us virtually! We look forward to meeting you.
For questions about the application process, contact the Department of Cinematic Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Select an option below:
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.