Internships and Jobs
With a campus located within driving distance of downtown Hollywood, internship and career possibilities are endless. Through internships, film production degree students gain relevant, hands-on experience in various fields related to their interests and goals.
To enhance their career opportunities, students must complete a 3-unit internship or capstone project prior to graduation. Career-minded students are encouraged to look for internships that may parlay them into full-time employment upon graduation.
Students seeking internships have access to a broad range of resources, from departmental announcements and Internet postings to networking via faculty-to-industry contacts. Azusa Pacific has also acquired a prestigious grant from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for students who qualify to defray expenses associated with the internship.
Graduates of this program typically enter professions in the fields of media, broadcasting, television, film production, theater production, education, communications, ministry, performance, consulting, and sales. Many go on to graduate or professional school.
In addition to transitioning into one of APU’s master’s degree programs or doctorates, many students continue graduate-level study at other prestigious Southern California universities, such as University of Southern California (USC), University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), Loyola Marymount University, and Pepperdine University.
Careers for Cinematic Arts Production Majors
- Film/Television Editor
- Production Manager/Assistant Director
- Post-production Supervisor
- Script Editor
- Production Designer
- Sound Editor/Designer
- Entertainment Executive
A film production major’s typical starting salary is $50,000. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $65,985.
Job Titles of People with Cinematic Arts Production Degrees
- Producer, Dan in Real Life, In the Valley of Elah
- Film Journalist and Critic, The Hollywood Reporter
- Screenwriter, HBO, Mandalay Films, New Line Cinema
- Staff Writer, Warner Brothers
- Director of Photography, China Venture Films
- Agent, William Morris Agency
- Technical Director, The Matrix
- Animation Artist, Disney Animation Academy
- Production Manager, Paramount
- Post-production, Crossing Jordan, Heroes, Reapers
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.
- Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com. ↵