The M.A. in Art Education offers five entry points per year. You may enter the program at the start of any eight-week fall or spring session or at the start of the summer intensive in July. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed as they are completed for each term.
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Applicants must possess:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Grade-point average of 3.0 or above
Applicants must submit:
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all postbaccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Two recommendations submitted by professors or employers who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential
- Résumé including the most relevant work and volunteer experience Letter of intent
- Video chat interview may be requested and coordinated by the Department of Art
Send official transcripts to:Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The applicant is notified in writing of the admission decision.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.