Become a Scholar of Modern and Contemporary Art with an Art History Master’s Degree
The Master of Arts in Modern Art History, Theory, and Criticism is an innovative online program that focuses exclusively on modern and contemporary art history. The program’s comprehensive curriculum introduces students to current scholarship in the field of modern and contemporary art and provides them with an understanding of art historical methods and research practices while building skills in visual analysis, critical thinking, research, and written and verbal communication.
Graduates may go on to further studies at the doctoral level or to careers in art museums, galleries, education, and publishing.
- Courses offered in a flexible and convenient online format.
- Study part-time or full-time.
- Accelerated 8-week terms allow students to complete the degree in as little as 17-24 months.
- Learn from experienced faculty who are professionally active scholars committed to student success.
- Prepare for a wide range of art-related careers or for further study at the doctoral level.
- Experience a comprehensive curriculum in modern and contemporary art history integrated with a Christian worldview.
- Study at a top-ranked, accredited university known for graduating difference makers.
There are a number of advantages to pursuing a degree in modern art history. Find out how this program can help you advance your career in the arts and discover unique opportunities.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.