The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Applicants must possess:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Grade-point average of 3.0 or above
Applicants must submit:
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all post-baccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Two recommendations submitted by professors or employers who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential
- Résumé including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Letter of intent, 1,500 words or less, that answers the following questions:
- Please share your interest in studying Modern Art History at APU.
- What are your career goals, and how would this degree assist you?
- Share a significant experience with a work of art.
- What is your understanding on the relationship between art and religion?
- Skype interview may be requested and coordinated by the Department of Art
Send official transcripts to:
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The applicant is notified in writing of the admission decision.