How to Apply
- Complete your APU Undergraduate Application
- Select Cinematic Arts: Screenwriting, B.A. as your major
- When prompted, complete your scholarship application via SlideRoom
- For spring applicants: Spring 2020 B.A. in Screenwriting Scholarship Application
- For fall applicants: Fall 2020 B.A. in Screenwriting Scholarship Application
Spring 2020 Applicants
December 1, 2019, is the priority deadline for the Spring 2020 B.A. in Screenwriting Scholarship Application. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application and their SlideRoom application by the deadline to ensure consideration.
Fall 2020 Applicants
February 15, 2020, is the priority deadline for the Fall 2020 B.A. in Screenwriting Scholarship Application. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application and their SlideRoom application by the deadline to ensure consideration.
Cinematic Arts Scholarship Application Requirements
- APU Undergraduate Application
- B.A. in Screenwriting Scholarship Application via SlideRoom including:
- Calling Essay (750 words or less) giving the Cinematic Arts Scholarship Committee a sense of your creativity, long-term goals, vision, and artistic ambitions.
- Creative Sample (choose one):
- Video Option: Tell us a story in a video where you have a major creative role (but not acting). The video can be any genre, but it should exhibit your creative and aesthetic style while telling a story that has a clear beginning, middle, and end. Five minutes or less.
- Written Story Sample: Write an outline for a five-minute film that contains no dialogue.
- Film Analysis: Write an analysis of a recently released film that resonated with you deeply. No more than two pages, double-spaced, 12-point font.
- Creative/Leadership Résumé (optional): One-page summary of 3-7 creative and/or collaborative projects where you played a significant role.
General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Select an option below:
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.