Joining a D-Group
We would love to help you get involved in a D-Group! Christian community is one of the most profound ways to grow in your faith and understanding of God’s love for you.
D-Groups meet weekly and are matched according to age, gender, and your schedule availability.
There are three ways to get involved in a D-Group:
- Complete the online D-Group Sign-up Form.
- Invite a few students to be in a group with you and provide the discipleship ministries team with your contact information. We will find a great leader for you.
- Invite a few students to be in a group that you will lead. Contact the office and we will provide resources that will equip you as a leader.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com, call (626) 815-3874, or swing by the Office of the Campus Pastors.
Prospective D-Group Leaders
Leading a D-Group can be an exciting way to see God at work in your life and in the lives of other APU students. All D-Group leaders go through an application process to discern whether this is the right time and role for your unique leadership gifts. D-Group leaders should love the Lord deeply, walk with God faithfully, have excellent social skills, and be organized and reliable.
- Two hours each week to prepare, plan and host your weekly D-Group meeting for the school year
- Monthly meeting with SALT Rep (Discipleship Ministries Student Leader) for encouragement, prayer, check in each semester
- Attend three events per semester organized by the Office for Discipleship Ministries (training, chapel, etc.)
To apply to be a D-Group Leader, please fill out the following online forms. We accept applications throughout the school year.
- Student Leadership Application
- Supplemental Application Questions
- Two References
- Academic Reference (i.e. professor)
- Spiritual Reference (i.e. Spiritual Mentor, Pastor, etc.)
- Student Leadership Covenant
- Interview with a Discipleship Ministries staff member