At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Information Systems Degree
APU’s computer information systems degree equips students to manage and apply technology in organizations. The B.A in Computer Information Systems focuses on the analysis, design, and implementation of information systems. Core courses provide a solid foundation in object-oriented and structured programming, modern operating systems, and database management and development.
Students can tailor their learning to specific areas of interest like artificial intelligence, telecommunication, or web programming. Computer information systems majors leave APU with the technical and organizational knowledge necessary to provide technology leadership.
Is An Information Systems Degree Right for You?
You’re a computer information systems major if you:
- Are interested in technology and its application, but don’t want to focus on the scientific and mathematical aspects of computer science.
- Enjoy puzzles and mental challenges.
- Are thorough and detail oriented.
- Approach problems with patience and persistence.
- Are interested in working independently as a freelancer or consultant.
Learn more about this major.
Did You Know?
APU's CIS major offers many courses that revolve around major team projects completed throughout the semester.