APU’s math/physics major equips students to apply mathematical models to physical phenomena. The degree provides a solid foundation in general chemistry, calculus, general physics, and thermodynamics.
Throughout the degree, students learn about a Christian’s place in the sciences and the moral and ethical implications of controversial applications of science and technology. Students also learn to describe and assess different views of the relationship between biblical and scientific perspectives of nature. Math/physics majors leave APU prepared to combine mathematics and the physical sciences in order to solve complex problems.
Meet the Faculty
Bradley McCoy, Ph.D., is an associate professor in the Department of Mathematics and Physics at Azusa Pacific.
Get to know our math and physics faculty.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a math/physics major if you:
- Enjoy numbers, puzzles, and mental challenges.
- Are thorough and detail oriented.
- Enjoy problem solving and logical reasoning.
- Like exploring how things work.
- Want a degree that provides broad analytical and scientific exposure.
Learn more about this major.