APU’s physics major equips students to apply the laws of physics to solve practical problems. The degree provides a foundation in general physics, calculus, chemistry, and computer programming. Students prepare to make an impact on the world with expertise related to many current issues, such as computer technology, alternative fuels, space flight, and climate change. The degree is a Bachelor of Science, which requires that the student also choose a minor in biology, chemistry, computer science, or mathematics.
Throughout the degree, students explore the intersection of their Christian faith with the study of physics and the moral and ethical implications of controversial applications of science and technology. Physics majors leave APU prepared to use physics to address society’s most important challenges.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a physics major if you:
- Enjoy numbers, puzzles, and mental challenges.
- Are thorough and detail oriented.
- Enjoy problem solving and logical reasoning.
- Like exploring how the world works.
- Enjoy approaching problems carefully and methodically.