Computer Science Degree
Computer Science is an exciting, challenging, and growing field that impacts the world and everyday life in countless ways. APU’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Science equips students to create systems that analyze, transform, and describe information. Core coursework provides a solid foundation in calculus, discrete mathematics, computing fundamentals, operating systems, database management, and data structures. Students learn about the many facets of the computer industry to prepare for careers in software development, systems programming, data analysis, and computer design. The computer science major prepares professionals who understand the complexities of computer systems and can use them to address pressing and intricate problems.
Students can tailor their learning to specific areas of interest such as artificial intelligence, advanced database applications programming, or software system development. Computer science majors leave APU prepared to create and use computer systems to solve complex problems.
Pathway from Education to Vocation
Download the Computer Science Brochure to learn more about APU’s pathway from education to vocation, including graduate school and career opportunities.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a computer science major if you:
- Enjoy math or are musically inclined.
- Like observing, learning about, and analyzing the world around you.
- Like strategy games like chess, checkers, or computer games.
- Enjoy mental challenges and problem solving.
- Like fixing things and pulling them apart to see how they work.
- Like imagining how technology can improve other fields.
Learn more about this major.