About the LEC
The Learning Enrichment Center (LEC) staff is dedicated to helping each person
experience maximum intellectual development and growth. Every LEC program and
service is built upon a foundation of caring relationships in which staff members
actively seek to know and understand students as whole persons, and interact
with them in a compassionate, direct, and honest manner consistent with Christian
Statement of Vision
The Learning Enrichment Center (LEC) is an institutional resource funded by
Azusa Pacific University (APU) to provide non-remedial academic assistance to
the student community and support to University constituents. The intent is
to facilitate the development of responsible, independent learners. The LEC
staff is committed to serving the community by providing individual and group
subject-area tutoring, supplemental instruction, specialized courses, academic
accommodations for disabled students, and learning strategies assistance. The
LEC staff also provides faculty consultation to assist with the integration
of learning strategies into subject-area courses. It is the intent of the LEC
staff to continue responding to the changing academic needs of students and
those within the APU community.
- We believe every student has the capacity to assimilate scholastic information
to improve his or her current academic competence.
- We believe effective learning assistance requires competent, professional,
and paraprofessional practices.
- We subscribe to an environment that incorporates individual learning needs
while empowering students to take responsibility for the development, and
mastery of their academic skills.
- We are sensitive to equal access issues and actively work to assure that
LEC services are available to all students, faculty, and staff.
- As Christians, a servant tenor permeates our interactions with our various