Katie McCoy-Hill, RN, MSN, CNS, ANP-CAssistant Professor
Phone: (626) 815-5396
McCoy-Hill is an assistant professor in the School of Nursing at Azusa Pacific University (APU). She is a clinical expert in critical care, trauma, and adult health nursing. Her certifications include: Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN); Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS); and Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP). Her publications and presentations include: Family Centered Critical Care; Spiritual and Cultural Issues in End of Life Care; Hemodynamic Monitoring; and Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing. As a master teacher, McCoy-Hill has received several outstanding nurse educator awards from her students. At APU, she serves as a professional studies representative to the University General Studies Council, senior team leader, Undergraduate Council member, Curriculum Committee member, and a faculty advisor for the School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony. The university appreciates all of her contributions to the APU community.
- 2005 Adult Nurse Practitioner, Post Masters Adult Nurse Practitioner Program, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA.
- 1986 Master of Science in Nursing, Functional Area: Nursing Education Clinical Specialization: Adult Nursing, California State University, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1979 Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Senior Year Option in Critical Care Nursing, California State University, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1975 Associate Degree in Nursing, Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles, CA.
- Registered Nurse, State of California
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (AANP Certification)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist, State of California
- Public Health Nurse, State of California
- CCRN Certification (AACN Certification)
- Basic Life Support and Advanced Life Support Provider Certification
- Community College Teaching Credential
School of Nursing
- Undergraduate Programs
- Adult Critical Care
- Family Centered Critical Care
- Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Intravenous Cardiovascular Medications
- Preceptor Development