Skip to Content
Apply Request


Please note: All transfer courses submitted for credit are subject to approval by the Office of the Undergraduate Registrar.

APU may accept transfer credit for courses from schools accredited by regional agencies recognized by the Council for Higher Education Administration (CHEA). Find out if your school’s accreditation is recognized by the CHEA.

APU may also accept a maximum of 12 units of non-general studies elective credit from institutions accredited by the following faith-related organizations:

All courses must be baccalaureate level and intended for transfer. Remedial courses and vocational/technical courses are not accepted. Students must complete transfer work with a grade of C- or higher. APU’s credit is given on a 4.0 grade scale. No upper-division credit can be given for courses taken at a two-year or junior college.

The university can give credit for no more than 70 units of coursework from a two-year or junior college and 90 units from a four-year institution. Students must complete 18 of their final 24 units at APU. All quarter units will be converted to semester units. APU grants two semester units credit for every three quarter units.


Students must submit official transcripts from any and all colleges or universities attended in order to receive transfer credit. Official transcripts must be sent to APU in a sealed, unopened envelope bearing the official logo/seal of the institution.