Multi-Ethnic Leadership Scholarship
“Developing Leadership for a Diverse, Christ-Centered Community”
About the Scholarship
The Office of Student Life, in conjunction with the Student Center for Reconciliation and Diversity, invites incoming first year Azusa Pacific University applicants to apply for the Multi-Ethnic Leadership (MEL) Scholarship. This scholarship is part of a leadership development program that challenges students to hone their skills and abilities as servant leaders and promote ethnic diversity, multicultural awareness, and social justice at APU.
The scholarship is renewable, stackable, and only open to incoming first year APU applicants. Scholarship recipients are awarded $9,000 per year ($4,500 per semester). The application (including essays and reference) must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 6, 2015.
Qualifications and Selection Criteria
- Christian commitment
- Minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.2
- Demonstrate passion for promoting multicultural awareness and racial reconciliation
- Proven leadership skills (e.g., president of student council, youth group leader, club officer, etc.)
- Undergraduate admission to APU
Requirements and Expectations
- Active involvement (past and present) as an advocate for ethnic diversity, racial reconciliation, and multicultural awareness on campus
- Active participation in student leadership by sophomore year at APU
- Maintain GPA of 3.0 (cumulative per semester)
- On-campus residence every year
- Active involvement in a local church
- Two leadership studies courses, as outlined in the leadership studies minor, and one diversity course during four years at APU
- Participation in the required activities of the Multi-Ethnic Leadership Program (meetings, retreats, workshops, conferences, etc.)
To apply for this scholarship, fill out the MEL Application Form (PDF) and one MEL Reference Form (PDF).
Email the completed MEL application as an attachment to email@example.com.
Fax or mail a completed reference form (PDF) to the following:Associate Director
Student Center for Reconciliation and Diversity
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
All application materials are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 6, 2015.
Timeline and Notification
If you are selected for the final round of interviews you must be available for an on–campus or Skype interview between March 3–14, 2014.
Following interviews, students will be notified of their scholarship status by phone or email.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kristine Cody, MEL scholarship coordinator, at (626) 815-6000, Ext. 3720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.