Five Full-Tuition Scholarships Awarded Annually
This award recognizes Christian scholars who have consistently demonstrated high academic achievement and will perpetuate the mission of Azusa Pacific University during their academic studies and later in their chosen careers. To fulfill this purpose, five annually renewable, full-tuition scholarships are available to assist deserving students in achieving success in their academic, spiritual, and personal development.
Applicants must meet all of the requirements listed below:
- First-time freshman applicant to Azusa Pacific University
- Minimum high school grade-point average (GPA) of 3.9 on a 4.0 scale or ranked in the top five percent of high school graduating class (GPA is based on grades 10 and 11, excluding PE and driver’s education; honors/AP grades are weighted)
- Minimum combined score of 1300 on the SAT (combined math and critical reading score from single test date only) or 30 on the ACT
- Demonstrated involvement in church, school, or community-related activities
- Demonstrated strong Christian commitment
- Completed Application for Undergraduate Admission postmarked by November 15, 2014
- Complete the Azusa Pacific University Trustees' Scholarship Application form online, including an essay from one of two prompts, or download (PDF) and complete the application by December 1, 2014.
- Secure one letter of reference from a pastor/church leader (one who can comment on the applicant's Christian commitment and service). To do this, download the Pastor/Church Leader Reference (PDF) form, and complete all fields on the first page. Save a copy of the PDF and send it to your chosen reference.
- Secure two letters of reference from teachers in different academic core courses (or two individuals who can speak of the applicant's academic preparation). To do this, download the Academic Reference (PDF) form, and complete all fields on the first page. Save a copy of the PDF and send it to both of your chosen references.
Please do not exceed the number of references requested.
Questions? Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com, (626) 812-3016, or contact your individual admissions counselor.
Recipients will be eligible for an award up to the amount of annual tuition for a maximum of four years or completion of a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first. The total scholarship award is not to exceed the direct cost of tuition and applies to study completed at the APU campus.
The scholarship is renewable for recipients maintaining a minimum course load of 12 units with a 3.0 cumulative GPA at the end of each academic year. Any recipient who does not meet the minimum renewal standards will be required to meet with the Admissions Committee and may be subject to removal from the program and loss of future funds. In addition to representing the institution at various functions, recipients may be required to participate in an internship and/or research project in their area of study.
The completed Application for Undergraduate Admission, including all supporting materials, must be submitted online or postmarked by November 15, 2014.
The scholarship application and all supporting materials (including references) must be submitted online or postmarked on or before December 1, 2014. If submitting by mail, send all items to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Scholarship finalists and two guests will be invited to campus for various events, including personal interviews, February 26–28, 2015. Finalists and their two guests will be honored at a banquet on the evening of Friday, February 27. Administration and faculty will be in attendance. All finalists must be on campus for the duration of February 26 and 27 to be considered. No exceptions will be made. There will be an optional all-day event for finalists on Saturday, February 28. Travel expenses for the student will be paid by the university for any travel within the United States.* Committee decisions on scholarship recipients will be announced by telephone and/or letter no later than April 1, 2015.
*Travel arrangements are subject to the approval of the Trustees’ Scholarship Committee.
Azusa Pacific University would like to extend a special invitation to all Trustees’ Scholarship applicants to apply for admission into the APU Honors College. Refer to the Personal Statement section of the scholarship application for information on how to streamline the Honors College application process.
NOTE: Please remember, in order to be considered for this scholarship, students must submit a completed Application for Undergraduate Admission, including all supporting materials, by November 15, 2014. Whether submitting online or by mail, the student is ultimately responsible for providing all application materials and references by the above deadlines. If you mail your application, we strongly suggested that all materials be mailed two weeks in advance of the postmark deadlines. If any item does not arrive on time, the applicant will not be considered for the scholarship.**
**A certificate of mailing will be the only substitute document accepted for any missing or late items.