Welcome to the Writing Center
The Writing Center exists to support writers across disciplines, whether they be students, faculty, or staff. We come alongside writers to show them ways to find and correct their weaker areas and to improve their strengths. We believe that it is good stewardship of our intellect and resources to help writers grow by learning the skills and concepts of strong writing in their genre or discipline.
To this end, we:
- treat all writers with dignity and respect
- support faculty pedagogical objectives
- equip and train Writing Center staff in current methods and theories of writing instruction
- offer creative and individualized support for varying disciplines, genres, and objectives
- develop multilevel resources for writers’ reference—print references, online support, and workshops