At a Glance
Average Completion Time
Cost Per Unit
Advanced Standing Base Cost
Areas of Study
- Clinical Practice with Individuals and Families
- Community Practice and Partnerships
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Helping You Help Others
Everywhere you look you see broken, hurting people—men, women, children, couples, and families struggling with some of life’s most difficult challenges, such as poverty, addiction, discrimination, physical and mental illness, and abuse. Azusa Pacific’s Master of Social Work program (MSW) will prepare you for a career dedicated to improving the lives of others in a variety of professional settings, including advanced-level practitioners, clinicians, supervisors, and managers, as well as leadership roles in community and program development. Program courses and internships provide the tools you’ll need to make a difference.
APU’s MSW program offers students:
- A wide range of internship opportunities in the Greater Los Angeles area
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience in a variety of social work settings
- Strong clinical training with interdisciplinary knowledge base
- Full- and part-time program options
- Advanced Standing option (for graduates of CSWE-accredited BSW programs only)
- Professional leadership skills and development
- Faith integration relevant to social work practice
- Small class sizes
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
To find out more about APU’s Master of Social Work, download the Master of Social Work Brochure (PDF).
Department of Social Work Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, the MSW program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2016 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 175 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2016 Best Colleges in the West, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2016, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their educational dreams.