Nursing Research Symposium
11th Annual Azusa Pacific University Nursing Research Symposium
April 9, 2015
APU Felix Event Center, 701 E. Foothill Blvd., Azusa, California
Azusa Pacific University’s School of Nursing and Iota Sigma Chapter invite nursing professionals, faculty, and students to the annual Nursing Research Symposium to present research and dialogue about ideas and experiences in all areas of health care. This exchange of knowledge and research from diverse areas of nursing provides an occasion to work together to contribute to achieving improved health outcomes globally.
About the Research Symposium
The School of Nursing sponsored the first Research Day in spring 2005 in conjunction with the installation of Aja Lesh, PhD, RN, as dean. Now an annual event held in the Felix Event Center, the Research Symposium stands as an important outreach event. Guests include preceptors, nurses in collaborating health care facilities, and APU students, faculty, and alumni. Each year, research presentations focus on a specific theme, such as Addressing Health Disparities, Nursing’s Role in Symptom Management Across the Lifespan, and Building Bridges Across the Globe: Research, Academic and Service Partnerships.
Featured speakers have included Betty Ferrell, PhD, FAAN; Nancy Fugate Woods, PhD, RN, FAAN; Josepha Campinha-Bacote, PhD, MAR, APRN, BC, CNS, CTN, FAAN; Janice Morse, RN, PhD; Loreta Sweet Jemmot, PhD, FAAN, RN; Adey Nyamathi, ANP, PhD, FAAN; and Patricia M. Davidson, RN, BA, Med, PhD, FRCNA.
The Iota Sigma chapter of the Honor Society of Nursing and Sigma Theta Tau International, Inc. cosponsor the event and the poster session held in conjunction with the Research Symposium to:
- Provide an avenue for dissemination of evidence-based research and linkages to clinical applications.
- Utilize researchers as role models to encourage excellence in students and colleagues.
- Provide networking opportunities and promote collegiality among students and nursing professionals.
- Provide a forum for students and nurses from the community to present their work.
- Provide a forum for dialogue and collaboration with students, service, and academic partners, locally and internationally.
Dignity through Life's Transitions: Optimizing Spiritual Care
Register online to attend.
Follow us on Twitter @APU_SON for updates about the symposium, to interact with participants, and to pose questions during the conference. #apunursym