About Azusa Pacific Seminary
Azusa Pacific Seminary at Azusa Pacific University is an expansion of an institution that began in 1899 with the formation of the Training School for Christian Workers. Devoted Christian educators from the Evangelical Friends (Quaker) and Methodist churches provided education for ministry at the training school throughout the early part of the 20th century. Today, the graduate school exists to carry on and expand this fundamental purpose of training men and women for effective ministry in the Church and the world, whether as lay persons or as ordained professionals, through its ATS- and WASC-accredited degree programs. The school’s theological stance is Wesleyan.
Azusa Pacific Seminary, in keeping with its commitment to the centrality of Jesus Christ and the authority of Scripture, prepares men and women for effective, practical ministry in the Church throughout the world by promoting the spiritual, personal, and vocational development of students and by extending theological knowledge through academic inquiry, research, writing, and publication.