The Student Health Center offers travel immunizations to students, faculty, and staff who are traveling abroad. The Student Health Center consults with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for specific recommendations dependent on the country of destination. Travelers may also visit the CDC’s website for more information at cdc.gov/travel/.
If you are planning to go to a foreign country and would like to discuss travel vaccinations with a provider from the Student Health Center, please fill out the Online Travel Questionnaire (MS Word) by completing the top portion, saving the file to your computer, and then emailing it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will then be contacted by someone from the SHC via email. The email will have links to specific online videos posted on YouTube that give additional details of the vaccinations that you need. These videos must be viewed prior to coming in for your travel consultation and shots. Someone from the SHC will also call you to set up an appointment for your travel consultation and shots.
If you have not been contacted by the SHC within two business days, please call us at (626) 815-2100. If you already know which vaccinations are needed, you may click on the appropriate links below after filling out the Online Travel Questionnaire.
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Hepatitis A and B (TwinRix) Vaccine
- Malaria Prevention
- Meningitis (Meningococcal) Vaccine
- Polio (IPV) Vaccine
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
Immunization Fees at the Student Health Center
- Hepatitis A: $60 each (series of two shots)
- Hepatitis B: $60 each (series of three shots)
- Hepatitis A and B (Twinrix): $90 each (series of three shots)
- Influenza (flu vaccine): $20
- Malaria: Cost depends on length of trip and medication prescribed
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella): $70 each (two lifetime)
- Meningitis A, C, W, Y (Menactra): $115
- Meningitis B (obtained from local pharmacy with Rx from SHC)
- Trumenba: usually a two-shot series at about $140/shot OR
- Bexsero: two-shot series at $165/shot
- Polio: $40
- Td (tetanus and diphtheria): $35
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis): $50
- TST (TB skin test): $10
- Oral typhoid pills (obtained by local pharmacy): approximately $60
- Yellow fever: $115
Please note: Costs may change dependent on manufacturer’s prices. Contact the Student Health Center for the most up-to-date costs.
Alternative Locations for Travel Immunizations
Pasadena County Health
Travelers Immunization Clinic
1845 N. Fair Oaks Ave.
|Hours:||Mondays, 1:15-4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesdays, 8:15-10:45 a.m. and 1:15-4:30 p.m.|
|Thursdays, 1:15-4:30 p.m.|
Healthy Traveler Clinic
1250 E. Green. St., Ste. 100
Pasadena, CA 91106
|Hours:||Mondays–Thursdays, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1:30-5:30 p.m.|
|Fridays, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.|