Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Task Force
The mission of the Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Task Force is to reduce the abuse of substances by APU community members through data collection, prevention, education, intervention and policy around alcohol and other drug use, in an effort to cultivate a God-honoring environment that is safe and healthy for all APU community members.
AOD Task Force Goals
- Implement targeted alcohol and other drug programming to all incoming undergraduate students, athletes, and age 21+ students.
- Develop a comprehensive AOD prevention and education program for employees and graduate and professional students.
- Develop a comprehensive campus-based intervention and recovery program for undergraduate students.
- Review AOD policies and evaluate consistency and proportionality of enforcing sanctions for undergraduate, graduate, and employee populations.
- Publicize AOD policies, expectations for behavior, and support services for undergraduate, graduate, and employee populations.
Task Force Members
- Arissa Alvarez, Behavior Intervention Coordinator
- Brittany Billar, Associate Dean of Student Engagement (Chair)
- Matt Browning, Director of Graduate and Professional Engagement
- Rachel Castaneda, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology
- Jesse Cops, Associate Athletic Trainer, Athletics
- Paul Dennis, Executive Director of Campus Safety
- Janel Esparza, Graduate Assistant, Student Center for Reconciliation and Diversity
- Bill Fiala, Associate Dean of Students
- Suzanne Fox, Department Coordinator, Center for Global Learning and Engagement
- Katie Guyer, Human Resources Business Partner
- Christine Guzman, Title IX Coordinator
- Adam Higginbotham, Associate Director of Residence Life
- Lori Lacy, Director of the University Counseling Center
- Rhianna Pierre-Puckett, Director of Commuter Life
- Teresa Reynolds, Assistant Director of Compliance, Graduate and Professional Student Financial Services
- Katie Shubin, Physician Assistant
- Nathaniel Smith, Campus Safety
- Rachel White, Associate Director of Public Relations