Maintenance Services is responsible for the maintenance of all buildings on both campuses and all campus housing areas.
The mission of Maintenance Services is to honor God by providing students, faculty, staff, administration, and guests with well-maintained buildings and grounds. This is accomplished by highly qualified, dedicated, and professional staff, and leaders through excellent communication, superb teamwork, outstanding customer service, staying current with industry trends, and effective stewardship of university resources.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.” –Colossians 3:23-24
Maintenance Work DefinedMaintenance Services is committed to supporting the faculty, staff, and students of APU. To this end, those of us at Maintenance Services must also carefully balance the resources entrusted to us and the needs of the community. Following is a brief list of our strategic prioritization. Greater emphasis will be placed on maintenance-type requests.
Maintenance work requests:
- Work required to preserve or restore buildings and equipment to their original condition or to a condition in which they can be effectively used for their intended purpose
- Work necessary to maintain the original anticipated useful life of a fixed asset (A/C, stove, building and building systems, parking lots, etc.)
- Upkeep of property and building equipment
- Major projects that extend the life of an asset
- Major replacements of equipment or building components
Non-maintenance work requests*:
- New equipment/furniture installations
- Aesthetic improvements at the request of the customer
- Any project completed for the sole reason that it provides for an economic improvement
- Compliance mitigation projects (ADA, OSHA, County Health, etc.)
- Energy conservation projects
- Upgrades (remodels, improvements) to buildings, offices, or infrastructure systems
*Non-maintenance requests can be expedited by utilizing Design and Construction Services.
Every summer, Maintenance Services uses a zone maintenance method of servicing the housing areas. This involves a team of maintenance technicians who systematically service each student housing area, preparing it for students to arrive in the fall. In September 2007, Maintenance Services continued this zone maintenance program to non-housing areas on campus. This program brings a group of scheduled technicians to your building to address the maintenance needs in your area. Communication with tenants prior to arrival ensures that priority needs are met.
Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Monday–Friday, 4 p.m.–12:30 a.m.
On-call technicians are available for after-hours emergencies. For more information, contact Facilities Management.
For work order requests, call:
Work Order Desk, (626) 815-6000, Ext. 3527
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Department of Campus Safety, (626) 815-3898
Monday–Friday, 4:30 p.m.–8 a.m.; Saturday–Sunday, all day
If you have any questions, please contact Facilities Management.