Computer Science Labs
The following laboratories are available from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. to the Computer Science student:
|Computer Science Main Lab||WCAM224|
Our Computer Science Labs include Intel i5 workstations with Windows 7 Professional and Ubuntu 12.10 and 19” LCDs. All are fully loaded and updated with the most recent software through the MSDNAA.
|Monday–Friday||11:30 a.m.–6 p.m.|
|Saturday and Sunday||By Request|
- Computer Science labs are only open to students enrolled in Computer Science classes and students enrolled in a program supported by the Department of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Scheduled classes have priority. Any lab that is in use by a scheduled class is off limits to any walk-in students.
- Lab Technicians. When using lab computers, students can get help from the Lab Technicians. Report to Lab Technicians with any computer questions, errors, and functional problems. Never ask Lab Technicians to do your homework. However, if there is something you do not understand, they will try to help you.
Lab User Policy
- Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
- Be courteous, polite, neat, and clean.
- If you see trash on the floor or around your computer, please put it in the waste basket.
- When you leave a computer for more than five minutes, clear your program and remove your possessions from the table and chairs. Do not try to occupy that computer when you are not present.
- No gum or food is allowed in the labs. Drinking from a covered container is permitted.
- Children of students are not permitted in the lab area.
- Visitation of any pornographic or otherwise questionable website is strictly prohibited.
- Printing of websites or other documents containing abundant graphics is forbidden without a Lab Technician’s or Lab Manager’s permission.
- Save your files to your account directory or your own media. Any files saved on the local drives or the “student” account directory are subject to modification and deletion (DeepFreeze is installed on all lab computers).
- Installation of any type of software is strictly forbidden.
- Any intentional changing of system settings is forbidden.
- Violation of any of these rules will result in the loss of lab privileges.
The lab is intended for academic purposes only.
- Written permission must be obtained from the Department of Engineering and Computer Science. ↵