William Whitney, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology
Phone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2420
Office Location: Carl E. Wynn Academic Center
William Whitney, Ph.D., joined the faculty at Azusa Pacific in 2014. His areas of expertise include the integration of psychology and theology, the spiritual and religious development of emerging adults, theological anthropology, and group psychotherapy. His book, Problem and Promise in Colin E. Gunton’s Doctrine of Creation (Brill Publishers, 2013), discusses how the doctrine of creation helps conceptualize interdisciplinary work between theology and other subjects. Whitney practices as a therapist at La Vie Counseling Center, where he sees couples and individuals and runs a short-term process group. He is a board member for the Group Psychotherapy Association of Los Angeles, and is a consultant for the Thrive Center for Human Development at the Fuller Graduate School of Psychology.
- Ph.D., Fuller Theological Seminary
- MFT, Fuller Theological Seminary
- M.St., University of Oxford
- B.A., Ouachita Baptist University
- School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
- Department of Psychology
- Faith Integration, Theology, and Psychology
- Group Process and Therapy
- Spiritual Development of Emerging Adults
- PSYC 290 – Human Growth and Development
- PSYC 496 – Senior Seminar: Psychology and Christianity Integration
Tuesday and Thursday, 12:30-2 p.m.