Challenging Academics in a Close-knit Learning Community
Today’s top performing students are tomorrow’s leaders. They will write the books we read, determine the news stories we hear, produce the movies we watch. They will govern communities, preach in pulpits, teach in universities, and make key decisions in corporate boardrooms. Preparing these future leaders is our top priority in Azusa Pacific’s Honors College.
The Honors College telos—its aim, purpose, end—is to liberally educate the next generation of intellectually-gifted Christian leaders.
The curriculum starts with the premise that good leadership requires the cultivation of moral and intellectual virtue—the habits of the heart and of the mind that enable one to determine what ought to be done and how best to do it.
Our ideal graduates will be…
Disciples steeped in the rich moral and intellectual Christian tradition and dedicated to loving God and neighbor.
Liberally educated scholars primed for admittance to the very best professional and graduate schools and prepared to embark on a lifelong quest for truth, beauty, and goodness.
Citizens devoted to civic virtue, civic engagement, and civic leadership.
Leaders both worthy and equipped, having acquired the wisdom, virtue, and eloquence essential for credibility and integrity.
Why Choose Honors?
The Honors College offers students a rigorous and life-changing course of study in a supportive and collaborative environment. As an Honors student at APU, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- In-depth learning in small, discussion-based classes
- A cohesive curriculum with no secondary textbooks, no exams, and no busy work
- Excellent professors, including Aristotle, Augustine, Shakespeare, and C.S. Lewis
- Exemption from general education classes in order to complete a minor or second major in humanities
- Early registration privileges to reserve a spot in desired classes
- Financial support in the form of a $1,000-per-year scholarship, a personal library of classics, and free concerts, films, plays, lectures, and visits to area museums
- Access to a vibrant living-learning community for Honors freshmen
- Individualized attention and an outstanding liberal arts-style education with all the resources and benefits of a comprehensive, Christian university near Los Angeles
Not Your Typical Honors College: A Look at APU’s Honors Experience
It’s time to say goodbye to the stuffy, stale, and superficial honors experience of old. Learn how APU’s Honors College is unique.