Resources for Military-connected Students
To support your academic pursuits, Azusa Pacific provides students with a comprehensive array of resources.
- Center for Career and Calling—Guides students and alumni preparing for the next step in their vocational journey. Services include career consulting, professional development, and job connections through the APU Career Network.
- Learning Enrichment Center—Provides support to students to promote academic success. Services include individual and group tutoring, supplemental instruction, academic accommodations for students with disabilities, and more.
- Writing Center—Available to help any APU student with any kind of writing project at any stage of the writing process. Staff work with students one-on-one, in groups, online, and in workshops.
- Undergraduate Academic Advising—Advisors help undergraduate students through individual academic advising, success coaching, and resources to aid in academic success.
- Graduate and Professional Academic Records Specialists—Assist graduate and professional students with transfer credit evaluation, grade-point average information, grade changes, and awarding of degrees and diplomas. Contact your academic department for academic advising if you are a graduate or professional student.
Benefits, Cost, and Financial Aid
- Military and Veteran Education Benefits—APU’s benefits office will be your advocate and liaison as you pursue higher education while utilizing military education benefits.
- Cost of Attendance—Understand the costs associated with attending APU, either as an undergraduate student or graduate and professional student.
- Financial Aid—Explore the various types of financial aid available for undergraduate students or graduate and professional students.
- Ahmanson Scholarship—Provides need-based support to students eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
- Campus Pastors—Offers pastoral care and opportunities for discipleship-focused relationships for undergraduate students to grow in spiritual maturity.
- SoulQuest—The spiritual care ministry for graduate and professional students, helping them deepen their spiritual and vocational journeys.
- Veterans Club—Provides peer support for veterans and servicemembers transitioning into academic life.
- Veterans Den—A meeting place for veterans and other military-connected students.
- Student Health Center—Provides peer support for veterans and servicemembers transitioning into academic life.
- University Counseling Center—Promotes psychological, social, and spiritual wellness through confidential, Christian counseling for individuals, couples, and groups.
VA Benefits Resources
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is a comprehensive resource for understanding the benefits available to fund military education for personnel, veterans, and their families. Learn about recent changes to military benefits, and explore the many opportunities and programs afforded to United States servicemembers, including:
- GI Bill® Benefit Comparison Tool—Provides peer support for veterans and servicemembers transitioning into academic life.
- Licensing and Certification—Obtain reimbursement for the cost of licensing and certification tests.
- National Testing Program—Receive reimbursement for national tests, such as the SAT, LSAT, GRE, GMAT, and more.
- Tutorial Assistance—Assistance that supplements a student’s regular education benefit to help pay for necessary tutoring.
- Chapter 30 Enrollment Verification (PDF)—Assistance that supplements a student’s regular education benefit to help pay for necessary tutoring.
- AMVETS—This service organization supports veterans and active military.
- College Navigator—This free consumer tool provides information for students about colleges and universities, including Azusa Pacific.
- College Scorecard—The U.S. Department of Education's College Scorecard compiles reliable data on college costs, graduation, and salary after attending.
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)—This nonprofit works to improve the lives of America’s disabled veterans and their families.
- GI Bill® Transfer Eligibility—Understand college benefits for military dependents.
- Leadership Scholar Program (LSP)—This program assists Marines in gaining admission to colleges and universities.
- Maximizing GI Bill® Benefits and Transfer of Benefits—Explore pathways for getting the most out of your education benefits.
- Military OneSource—The Department of Defense’s one-stop program provides essential support and resources for every phase of military life.
- Paying for College—The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau provides help in making informed financial decisions about how to pay for college.
- Transition Assistance Program—The Department of Defense connects servicemembers to a wide range of assistance for transitioning military personnel and their family members as they return to civilian life.
- Troops to Teachers —The U.S. Department of Education and Department of Defense program helps eligible military personnel transition into new careers as teachers in high-need public schools.
- Veteran’s Guide for Academic Aid and Programs—This guide outlines the different financial aid awards and programs that provide educational assistance to veterans and their families.