Learn Film Production with Cinematic Arts Major
Azusa Pacific University’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Cinematic Arts Production is a comprehensive program that prepares students for employment in a highly competitive but richly compelling industry. Film production students experience immersion in writing, production management, cinematography, editing, and sound design, as well as designing and building sets and props. Moreover, the process of crafting engaging and entertaining stories begins in a student’s first year. Located just 25 miles from Hollywood, students have superior access to industry professionals, internships, and the vibrant cinematic arts community of Southern California.
In addition to the foundational core of our other degrees, the film production major includes 10 additional courses focusing on specific production skills such as film/video editing, sound design, and cinematography, all while encouraging students’ artistic and spiritual growth and the exploration of their calling from a thoughtful and culturally engaged Christian worldview.
- Access to a supply of professional-level technical gear totaling over one million dollars
- Opportunities to participate in elaborate projects and multifaceted teams
- Utilize industry-standard equipment including RAW codec with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema cameras and more
- Be trained and mentored by faculty-mentors engaged in the entertainment industry
- Assume head roles on larger budget films, screened at our Hollywood Premiere Night
Is This Major Right for You?
You're a cinematic arts production major if you...
- Enjoy telling stories
- Have a strong visual sense
- Are always making videos
- Have technical abilities with creative software
- Love the intersection of music and imagery
- Enjoy creating characters and worlds
To learn more about other cinematic arts programs at APU, visit Which Program is Right for Me?
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.