Orientation Weekend Checklist
New Student Orientation—a whirlwind weekend of activities introducing students and families to Azusa Pacific University. It’s one of our favorite weekends of the year, but we know it can feel hectic as students settle into living areas, meet new people, find offices and classes, and get ready to start their journey at APU. We invite you to use this checklist to help prioritize tasks for your first week on campus.
- Settle into your residence hall and start to decorate.
- Meet and get to know your roommates, hallmates, and resident advisor (RA).
- Find your laundry room and get quarters or load a laundry card.
- Swing by the Azusa Target to get things for those last-minute dorm room items you may have forgotten.
- Enjoy time with your Alpha group.
- Try the different campus dining venues.
- Download the Trolley Tracker app and ride the trolley to and from East and West campuses.
- Go to the church fair and talk to representatives of local churches you may want to visit.
- Go to the Azusa fair to familiarize yourself with the community and try free samples.
- Introduce yourself to professors and other students in your major.
- Visit the Center for Student Action and sign up for volunteer opportunities.
- Sign up for Outdoor Adventures for a chance to explore your new home in Southern California.
- Pick up your mailbox key at the Student Post Office
- Order a parking pass if you have a car on campus.
- Look at both chapel locations and get familiar with chapel attendance requirements.
- Connect your devices to APUWIFI.
- Bring your family to the Cougar Family Festival Saturday night on West Campus to eat In-n-Out and have fun at the carnival attractions.
- Pick a fun off campus spot to eat lunch with your family on Sunday before you say farewell.
- Get your books for the semester at the Campus Store.
- Find your classes before the first day of school.
- Take lots of pictures and tag #iheartapu!
Places to Know:
- One Stop
- Libraries: Marshburn, Stamps, and Darling
- Undergraduate Academic Success Center
- Campus Safety
- Student Health Center
- Student Employment
- IMT Support Desk
- Campus Store
Posted: August 15, 2016