About the Program
The Master of Science in Physical Education program at Azusa Pacific University comprises a Christian community of scholarly believers who seek to advance the work of God in schools of all levels by effectively training physical educators, coaches, athletic administrators, and exercise science professionals in knowledge and skills through academic excellence and a Christian perspective of truth and life.
Azusa Pacific graduates enjoy a reputation as comprehensively prepared professionals who bring fresh perspective to their workplaces. Many physical education students move into leadership roles after starting or completing their degree program.
The physical education degree program prepares candidates to advance their careers, increase their marketability, and gain opportunities in a range of positions connected to physical education, athletics, and exercise science. Enrolled students and recent graduates include:
- K-12 physical education teachers and coaches
- Athletic directors and sports managers
- University/college coaches and physical educators
- Elementary teachers desiring to incorporate a strong physical education component into their curriculum
- Secondary teachers with an interest in teaching physical education or coaching
- Entrepreneurs in the field of sport and fitness training
- Those preparing for further studies at the doctoral level
Those who earn their master’s degree with an emphasis in Sport Management also find management, administration, and teaching opportunities in a variety of areas, including:
- Athletic programs
- Community sport programs
- Health and fitness clubs
- K-12 schools, junior colleges, and universities
- National or local sport governing bodies
- Olympic-level training settings
- Professional sport franchises
- Sport entrepreneurship
- Sport facilities
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.