Inform and Lead Change with a Master’s in Research Psychology and Data Analysis
Azusa Pacific’s Master of Science in Research Psychology and Data Analysis program prepares you with the necessary experiences to be competitive for doctoral programs and pursue careers in psychological research. In this program, work one-on-one with faculty research advisors in a number of psychology-related areas, including substance abuse, social, clinical, cognitive, and more. Through faculty mentorship, relevant coursework, and the completion of a master’s thesis, you will acquire the research and statistical methods necessary to lead change in psychological research.
Choose to add an optional 9-unit concentration to further hone your expertise:
- Data Analytics Concentration:
Focus on statistical and data visualization techniques as you develop skills in statistical programming, including R and SAS, data visualization using Tableau, and data mining. This concentration helps prepare you for careers in business and data analytics.
- Research Marketing Concentration:
Market research skills are in high demand. Prepare for applied psychology careers related to marketing as you learn conceptual and applied knowledge of marketing processes and the evaluation of products, services, and consumer behavior. Courses focus on marketing strategy and applying quantitative research methods and data analysis techniques within business and marketing contexts, using relevant marketing terminology and statistical software.
Graduates of the program are:
- Scholars who bring together theory, research, statistics, and a concern for helping people.
- Difference makers capable of communicating and implementing data-driven decisions that positively impact people’s lives.
- Researchers competent in conducting advanced research projects that develop theoretical perspectives, address knowledge gaps, and further the field of psychology and related fields.
- Ethical leaders who conduct themselves with integrity and a commitment to justice in their academic, organizational, business, and applied settings.
- Deeply informed in regard to how to integrate the discipline of psychology with the Christian faith.
Growing Career Opportunities
Top companies are increasingly employing individuals with sophisticated skills in quantitative methods and data analytics, with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting employment rates to increase by 12 percent for survey researchers and 19 percent for market research analysts from 2014 to 2024. LinkedIn.com listed “Statistical Analysis and Data Modeling” as Number 2 and “Data Presentation” as Number 8 among Top Skills of 2016.
- Earn your master’s degree in as little as 11 months (18 and 24 month options available).
- Learn to analyze data with confidence using popular statistical software, such as SPSS, R, and JMP.*
- Receive hands-on, individual training with faculty research advisors.
- Prepare for Ph.D. programs and the workforce by gaining research experience and collaborating on a publishable manuscript.
- Optional JMP/SAS Joint Certificate in Research Methods.
- Pursue your career and calling at a top Christian university.
School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2017 rankings, placing at No. 183 in Tier One of the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2017 Best Colleges in the West, Forbes ranked APU among the best schools in the nation for 2017, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2017, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their education dreams.