Become an Ethical Leader in Accounting with the MAcc Degree
The Leung School of Accounting offers a Master of Professional Accountancy (MAcc) degree to equip skilled, ethical leaders for the accounting profession. This accounting degree is designed for students who have recently completed their bachelor’s degree in accounting. This full-time, intensive program allows candidates to complete an advanced degree and meet the 150 credit hours required for CPA licensure in just one year.
In addition to a rigorous curriculum that prepares students for the CPA exam, the master’s in accounting program builds on practical experience and emphasizes job placement for graduates. Students in the 30-unit graduate-level program master the core competencies of accounting professionals while developing the research skills and character needed to solve complex problems.
Learn more about the program, our faculty, and APU MAcc students who have gone on to find professional success.
Master of Professional Accountancy Highlights
- Start the MAcc program immediately after completing a bachelor’s in accounting or equivalent.
- Benefit from scholarship opportunities ranging from $3,000-$5,000 for qualified students.
- Gain comprehensive training for a career as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Study alongside accounting professionals who bring depth of experience to the program.
- Apply knowledge gained from a public accounting firm internship to enhance classroom studies.
- Earn your degree in just 12 months from a top Christian university.
- Benefit from nationwide opportunities for job placement with program curriculum that meets the 150 credit hours of coursework required by states for certification.
School of Business and Management Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University receives accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). In addition, the School of Business and Management receives accreditation from the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), and is a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Outcomes Assessment Results
Read IACBE’s Outcomes Assessment Results (PDF) to learn how we’re doing.
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2017 rankings, placing at No. 183 in Tier One of the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2017 Best Colleges in the West, Forbes ranked APU among the best schools in the nation for 2017, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2017, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their education dreams.