The Office of Campus Life Campus Events team works with students to offer a wide variety of student-led activities ranging from dances and concerts to intramural sports and outdoor adventures, from events for commuter students to large-scale campus traditions. Below is just a small sample of the opportunities we provide.
- Fall Fest: Held the first Friday after classes begin, Fall Fest is an outdoor festival and concert to showcase what the Office of Campus Life is all about! Open to all students, staff, and faculty within the APU community, this event features performances, a concert, rock wall, popcorn, cotton candy, and dinner provided in collaboration with Dining Services. A great way to kick off the beginning of the academic year!
- Intramural Sports: We offer intramural sporting opportunities year-round. Fall sports include flag football (for men and women) and co-ed volleyball, as well as various tournaments.
- Homecoming Weekend: As a part of Homecoming Weekend, our office hosts Battle of the Bands and the annual Homecoming dance. Both events are student highlights of the year and seek to promote community and belonging for students in the legacy of APU.
- Les Femmes: The university’s fall semiformal dance held at an off-campus location in the L.A. area.
- Intramural Sports for intramurals include basketball, soccer, softball, as well as many other tournaments.
- The Gala: Our semiformal spring dance, held at an off-campus L.A. location.
- Amp the Theater Our performing arts interns bring leading names in music to campus for a concert at our Wynn Amphitheater.
- Last Bash: Our end-of-the-year, “school is out and finals are almost over so let’s all celebrate” concert event. Don’t miss it!
Events Held Throughout the Year
- Expression Nights: A monthly opportunity for students and student groups to share their passion, talent, interests, and culture with the campus community through the performing arts.
- Open Mic Nights: A chance for the APU community to express their God-given talent, whether that be music, poetry, dance, or another ability.
- Outdoor Adventure Trips: Activities such as hiking, camping, and rock climbing.
- On-campus Dances: These events allow students to have fun, dance the night away, and enjoy the amazing community APU provides.
- Student Clubs and Organizations Fair: Once per semester, this event provides students with information on how to get involved in special interest clubs and organizations.
- Commuter Events: Ranges from free lunches to events exclusively for commuter students. Be sure to get your commuter keychain in order to partake in these opportunities specifically for commuter students.
- Midnight Breakfast: An APU tradition, this event is held each semester the night before finals week starts. Students can grab a late-night breakfast, enjoy entertaining shows, and even connect and study with professors beforehand.
- Jazz, Art, Coffee
Additionally, based on student feedback, the Campus Events team can create new, exciting events that promote a sense of belonging such as fairs, movie nights, and more. Send your ideas, suggestions, comments, or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in a Campus Events intern position? Apply for all student leadership positions on Handshake (create your account; you may also access Handshake on home.apu.edu: My Resources > General > Student Resources > Handshake Job Platform).
Campus Life Crew
The Campus Events team oversees the Campus Life Crew (CLC), a first-year (transfers welcome) volunteer leadership opportunity. The CLC promotes community, involvement, and belonging by providing students with engaging, campus-wide events. CLC members work with the campus activities coordinator and the Campus Events interns.
CLC is a great way to get involved on campus as well as network with APU administrators, faculty, and staff. The CLC is especially beneficial when applying to future campus leadership positions.
Applications are typically due mid-September to serve for that same academic year. If the application period has passed, contact us at email@example.com to see how you can get involved.