The Campus Life team works with students to offer a wide variety of student-led activities throughout the year. Below is a small sample of the opportunities we provide. You can find more information on our Campus Life Classics below.
- Welcome Weekend: Held the weekend before classes begin, all incoming first-year and transfer students are invited to this three-day welcome event! Students, families, and guests can experience fun, informative, and meaningful events.
- Fall Fest: Held the first Friday after classes begin, Fall Fest is a concert event that showcases what the Office of Campus Life is all about.
- Campus Life Market: Farmers market-style event that has included DIY bouquets, a puppy patch, arts and crafts, and more in the past.
- Off-Campus Dance: Themed semi-formal dance held at an off-campus location in the L.A. area.
- Dodgeball Tournament: Campus-wide dodgeball tournament hosted at the beginning of the spring semester sure to be a fun kick off for the semester.
- On-Campus Dance: Spring on-campus dance that is sure to be a night full of fun, music, and a special theme each year!
- Homecoming Student Event: In collaboration with Alumni Engagement, the Campus Life team hosts a student event during Homecoming Weekend.
- Lipsync: New this year, Campus Life will be hosting a campus-wide lipsync competition! Teams of students will compete against one another with song-based skits. You won't want to miss this entertaining and fun night!
Additionally, based on student feedback, the Campus Events team can create new, exciting events that promote a sense of belonging such as fairs, movie nights, and more. Send your ideas, suggestions, comments, or inquiries to email@example.com.
Interested in a Campus Events intern position? Apply for all student leadership positions on Handshake (create your account; you may also access Handshake on home.apu.edu: My Resources > General > Student Resources > Handshake Job Platform).
Campus Events Crew
The Campus Events team oversees the Campus Events Crew (CEC), a first-year (transfers welcome) volunteer leadership opportunity. The CEC promotes community, involvement, and belonging by providing students with engaging, campus-wide events.
CEC is a great way to get involved on campus as well as network with APU administrators, faculty, and staff. The CEC is especially beneficial when applying to future campus leadership positions.
Applications are typically due mid-September to serve for that same academic year. If the application period has passed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can get involved.