Joining a D-Group
We would love to help you get involved in a D-Group! Christian community is one of the most profound ways to grow in your faith and understanding of God’s love for you.
D-Groups meet weekly and can be arranged according to class standings, interests, and your schedule availability.
There are three ways to get involved in a D-Group:
- Complete the online D-Group Sign-up Form.
- Invite a few students to be in a group with you and provide the discipleship ministries team with your contact information. We will find a great leader for you.
- Invite a few students to be in a group that you will lead. Contact the office and we will provide resources that will equip you as a leader.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (626) 815-3855, or swing by the Office of Campus Ministry.
Prospective D-Group Leaders
Leading a D-Group can be an exciting way to see God at work in your life and in the lives of other APU students. All D-Group leaders go through an application process to discern whether this is the right time and role for your unique leadership gifts. D-Group leaders should love the Lord deeply, walk with God faithfully, have excellent social skills, and be organized and reliable.
Commitment and Expectations
- Two hours weekly to plan, spiritually prepare, and facilitate your weekly D-Group meeting (at a time of your choosing)
- Complete and submit a Ministry Action Plan and a Personal Wellness Check-in
- Pray daily for your D-Group members
- Meet monthly with your Discipleship SALT representative for ongoing leadership, coaching and support.
D-Group leader applications are accepted throughout the year.
For more information about the process, contact us at email@example.com or (626) 815-3855, or stop by the Office of Campus Ministry.