Joining a D-Group
We would love to help you get involved in a D-Group! Christian community is one of the most profound ways to grow in your faith and understanding of God’s love for you.
D-Groups meet weekly and are matched according to age, gender, and your schedule availability.
There are three ways to get involved in a D-Group:
- Complete the online D-Group Sign-up Form.
- Invite a few students to be in a group with you and provide the discipleship ministries team with your contact information. We will find a great leader for you.
- Invite a few students to be in a group that you will lead. Contact the office and we will provide resources that will equip you as a leader.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com, call (626) 815-3874, or swing by the Office of the Campus Pastors.
Prospective D-Group Leaders
Leading a D-Group can be an exciting way to see God at work in your life and in the lives of other APU students. All D-Group leaders go through an application process to discern whether this is the right time and role for your unique leadership gifts. D-Group leaders should love the Lord deeply, walk with God faithfully, have excellent social skills, and be organized and reliable.
- Two hours weekly to plan, spiritually prepare, and facilitate your weekly D-Group meeting (at a time of your choosing)
- Complete and submit a Ministry Action Plan
- Complete and submit a Discipleship Wellness Check
- Daily prayer for your D-Group members
- A once-a-month meeting with your Discipleship SALT rep for ongoing leadership training, spiritual support, personal check-in, and prayer
- Attendance at three events per semester put on by the Office for Discipleship Ministries (Fall Overnight Training, Discipleship Leader Chapel, Spring kickoff, appreciation event, etc.)
- Other events or opportunities as presented by the Office for Discipleship Ministries (Discipleship Retreat, Service Projects, etc.)
- One-on-one meetings with D-Group members as needed to further encourage and support them
To apply to be a D-Group Leader, follow the process below. Applications for 2019-20 are due by 5 p.m. February 6, 2019. A student leadership information meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, January 16, 2019, in the Wynn 2 on East Campus.
- Sign up for/log in to Handshake, search for “azusa pacific d-group,” then click on the job posting and follow the on-screen instructions. The application includes the following forms, available on Handshake:
- Student Leadership General Application (located under Career Center/Resources)
- D-Group Leader Supplemental Questions Form (located in the job description)
- Student Leadership Covenant (located in the job description)