If a student exceeds his/her allotted number of personal absences for the semester, he/she will be placed on Chapel Noncompliance. A student on Chapel Noncompliance will not be permitted any further unexcused absences and must complete noncompliance sanctions. Two consecutive semesters on Chapel Noncompliance will result in Student Conduct Noncompliance. Three consecutive semesters on Chapel Noncompliance may result in suspension from the university for an entire semester.
Chapel Noncompliance means:
- A hold has been placed on your student account that will prevent you from being able to preregister for classes next semester until sanctions are completed.
- A hold will be placed on any classes for which you have already registered.
- You must sign and adhere to a noncompliance contract.
- You must complete chapel sanctions.
- Failure to comply with the terms of Chapel Noncompliance will result in a $200 noncompliance fine.
If a student wishes to appeal Chapel Noncompliance, he/she may contact the chapel accountability administrator to set up an appointment. Call the Chapel Programs office for more information.
Chapel attendance is the student’s responsibility. Students are expected to check their own attendance record on their personal home.apu.edu account, and have two weeks to provide verification for any excused absence or to address any attendance discrepancies.
Student Conduct Noncompliance means:
In addition to all of the above aspects of Chapel Noncompliance, the results of your Student Conduct Noncompliance are as outlined below:
- A $500 fine and a hold on your student account.
- The hold will remain on your student account until the fine is paid. This may affect your graduation date.
- If you are placed on Student Conduct Noncompliance for three consecutive semesters, it may result in suspension from the university for an entire semester.
- A Student Conduct Noncompliance letter may be forwarded to your parent/guardian when appropriate, as determined by the Office of Student Life.
For more information about chapel attendance, contact the Office of Chapel Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.