B.A. in Computer Information Systems
APU’s Bachelor of Arts in Computer Information Systems degree combines cutting edge technology with 21st-century business practices into a hands-on active-learning environment, equipping students to manage and apply technology in organizations. The computer information systems program focuses on the analysis, design, and implementation of information systems. Core courses provide a solid foundation in object-oriented and structured programming, modern operating systems, and database management and development.
Students can tailor their learning to specific areas of interest like artificial intelligence, telecommunication, or web programming. In the classroom, students experience interactive learning that provides the hands-on, technical expertise needed to do business in a rapidly changing technological environment. Additionally, students benefit from two up-to-date, dedicated computer labs where free tutoring is available to all CIS and computer science students. Computer information systems majors graduate with the technical and organizational knowledge necessary to provide technology leadership.
Is An Information Systems Degree Right for You?
You’re a computer information systems major if you:
- Are interested in technology and its application, but don’t want to focus on the scientific and mathematical aspects of computer science.
- Enjoy puzzles and mental challenges.
- Are thorough and detail oriented.
- Approach problems with patience and persistence.
- Are interested in working independently as a freelancer or consultant.
Learn more about this major.