All students in Department of Communication Studies programs are required to complete a 3-unit communication internship prior to graduation. Internships bring theoretical concepts to life by providing real-world experience, solidifying skills through professional projects, and adding value to your post-graduation portfolio.
As you experience the challenges and rewards of a professional environment and work under the guidance of an industry mentor, you will become well-equipped to transition from the classroom to your career in communication. Opportunities to connect classroom knowledge to professional tasks help you recognize the qualities you want your work to stand for and help you practice integrity as you integrate your faith or worldview into small daily decisions.
Benefits of Internships
- Real-world projects to display in your portfolio
- Better job skills as you enter the job market
- Higher salary upon graduation1
- Higher probability of being hired after graduation1
- Less time searching for jobs after graduation1
- Access to mentorship by industry professionals
- An established network within your industry upon graduation
- Experience that can help you determine your individual career path
If you have questions about the internship requirements for your program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626) 812-3044. For information about searching for and applying for internships, contact the Career Center.
- Based on research from the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) ↵