Meet the Staff
Jason Le Shana, MDiv
Director of the Office of Corporate Worship/Campus Pastor
Jason has ministered to APU undergraduate students since 2008. An ordained pastor in the Free Methodist church, Jason is passionate about work at the intersection of the Church, the Academy, and the work of God in the world. He is married to Stephanie, a family ministries pastor at their church, and together they have three sons.
- MDiv, Azusa Pacific Seminary
- BA, Theology and Philosophy, Azusa Pacific University
Ta’Tyana Leonard, MDiv (Eq)
Associate Director of Corporate Worship/Campus Pastor
Ta’Tyana has been in ministry since 2004. Prior to APU, she was director of ministries for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes in Los Angeles. Her heart’s passion is to help others live in their true worth and calling. Ta’Tyana is married to Adam, a high school math teacher and coach, and has two children, Eden and Elias.
- MDiv (Equivalency), Azusa Pacific University
- MA, Chrisitan Ministry and Leadership, Biola University
- BS, Business Administration, Oregon State University
James Brooks ‘13, MS
Associate Director of Worship Arts
James began supporting APU chapel in 2010 as an undergraduate student leader in Chapel Band. After completing his undergraduate degree, James served in a local church context as a worship director before returning to APU as a staff member in 2016. He is passionate about educating, equipping, and empowering APU students to maximize their potential and integrate lifelong rhythms of worship into their everyday lives. Beyond APU, James enjoys adventuring with his family (wife Megan and daughter Everly), loves to cook, and is an avid baseball fan.
- MS, Organizational Psychology, Azusa Pacific University
- BA, Church Music, Azusa Pacific University
Coba Canales, EdD
Dean of Spiritual Life/Campus Pastor
Coba Canales has a passion to see students’ lives deeply transformed by Jesus. He loves doing ministry in teams and specifically enjoys helping others walk freely in their calling and gifts. Coba loves spending time with his family and would literally never leave the beach if that were possible.
- EdD, University of Southern California
- MDiv, Fuller Theological Seminary
- BA, Biblical Studies, Azusa Pacific University
Brooke O’Brien, MA
Spiritual Life Administrative Coordinator
Brooke has a heart for serving students from all nations and backgrounds. God first grew this when she was a member of The Navigators, a collegiate campus ministry at California State University, Long Beach. This experience led her to spend two summers as an English tutor in Japan and two years as an ESL teacher in Southern California. Brooke’s passion is to continue helping college students grow in their relationship with Jesus at APU and beyond!
- MA, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Biola University
- BA, Liberal Studies, California State University, Long Beach