Bringing STEM to Life
Sponsored by The Helen and Will Webster Foundation and Azusa Pacific University (APU), the Bringing STEM to Life grant program offers micro grants to assist teachers of STEM subjects throughout Los Angeles County.
Individual grants range from $250-$850; group grants are available for up to $1,700 (groups of 2 teachers), $2,550 (groups of 3), and $3,400 (groups of 4).
To support teachers providing instruction through distance and hybrid learning environments, grants will be for any one or combination of the following four categories:
- Teacher resources (software, cloud-based curriculum, and supplementary materials)
- Virtual field trips
- Student learning kits
- Virtual professional development
Eligible applicants must teach:
- TK/PK-12th grades
- At a charter, public, private, or parochial school
- In Los Angeles County
2019-20 grant recipients who carried funding to 2020-21 are not eligible to apply.
|November 23, 2020-January 4, 2021||Application open|
|January 5-January 15, 2021||Selection committee reviews applications|
|January 22, 2021||Grant recipients notified by email|
|February 27, 2021||Virtual Bringing STEM to Life Grant Reception|
|June 15, 2021||Grant reports due|
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Applicants must include a signed Substitute W-9 form.
- Social Security numbers are needed in order to issue checks to grant recipients. Applications are encrypted to protect your information.
- Grant reports must be received on or before June 15, 2021, otherwise grant funding will be reported as taxable income.
- While completing the application, edits can be made for 30 days if you choose “save to edit later.”
- Confirmation of successful submission and a copy of the application will be sent to the email address provided in the application.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.